Thursday, March 27, 2008


I made an impulsive decision today. I an my endocrionologist appointment today. My A1c was 7.1%, which is good, but I don't feel like it fully reflects my control, and I've been trying and trying to break through that 7% barrier. As my endo is looking through my log sheets he asked if I had tried a CGMS. I said yes, and without thinking, I blirted out "Yes, and I want one." I had planned on going in and asking if they had a Dexcom for me to trial (they don't), and I walked out starting the process to fight for insurance approval. I made it clear that I don't have the time or the stamina in me to do a lot of fighting, but his office is putting together the paperwork for me, and submitting a claim for a Guardian. I'm a little shocked. I don't really expect to get approval, but it would be really cool if I did!


k2 said...

Good for u & hope you get approved!


Jeff said...

Hi Jen. I hope you get it, and it helps put you under that 7.0% ceiling.