Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's time to play Find Jen's Pump!

I toss and turn in my sleep. I've also been told I kick. I sleep like a baby most nights, so I don't really care what I'm doing in the process of this sleep. If I ever get married-, my husband will just have to learn to deal with it. Or buy a big bed. :-) I keep my pump in place in a flannel case around my waist so it can't roam too far.
I had a rough night last night. Shortly after I went to bed, I woke up at 330. I corrected, but apparently I fell asleep before I could put my pump back in my case An hour and a half later I woke up to recheck. I could feel the pump vibrating from somewhere under the sheets, but for the life of me, I could not locate it. So I resorted to following the tubing. (I use the long 43" stuff). The path it took was just crazy. It went up over and around my arm to underneath my back. One would think I would have felt it there. By the time I finally found it, I was 180. The pump recommended I take 3 grams, but that seemed a little ridiculous to me, so I went back to sleep. Once again, I didn't put the pump back into the case- heaven knows why. At 5am, I woke up very obviously low. I always have the preoccupation that I HAVE to check before I treat, even when I know with absolute certainty that I am low. Again, I had to resort to following the tubing. I followed it up shirt and back down underneath it to where it was neatly at my side. That's right- I managed to put my pump under my shirt while sleeping. Now that's talent! I was low- 59 in fact. I guess I should have listened to the pump and taken a tab. And woken up enough to return my pump to its case. Although entertaining the next morning, playing "find the pump" at 5am while very sleepy and low is just not very much fun.

No comments: