Thursday, February 23, 2006

I want to quit.
I know I can't.
I HATE my pump right now. I want to rip out the site and throw my pump through the window.
I just spent close to an hour trying to change my site.
The dry winter weather is getting to my skin. My sites dry out underneath, so I can't use the same area for a long time. My stomach has been very sensitive lately, and site insertions hurt like #(#@*). I like using the area more toward the back, but I have a rash on that area. The area on my arms is plain used up. I decided I was going to try my thigh/hip. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't imagine sticking something 6mm deep into my thigh. I don't know why, I just couldn't get over it. Is there anyone who uses this area with a quick set that could share some tips?
I'm just so FRUSTRATED!!!!
I seriously considered just giving myself a shot and leaving the pump off. I still haven't ruled it out. I know that after like a day, I would be sick of it, so I finally gave up and put the stupid thing in my stomach. I got tears in my eyes it hurt so bad. I had to stand there for a second before I could pull the insertion needle out. I still kind of hurts. I might end up tearing it out, but the last 2 I pulled out were perfectly fine.
UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I'm ranting, I know, but I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!
Now I'm back to studying for my chem midterm......

3 comments:

bethany said...

I use my thighs a lot - for me they're the least painful ... I'm really sorry that you're going through this. It all just sucks sometimes! Good Luck!

Ellen said...

Jen, why not take the pump off and take a shot? Give yourself a break! You may just need it. You have options. It doesn't mean you failed pumping. Maybe the pump is failing you right now.

BTW, my son's doctor recommends Sween cream
http://www.sweenstore.com/sweencream.html

Shannon said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. It sucks that you can't take a break altogether, but maybe it would be a good idea to take shots for now just to eliminate some frustration.